Global Reentry Webinars
We are excited to announce a series of job search webinars as part of our Global Reentry program!
- Aug 19: Jobs With Jodi Podcast: Career Interviews with RPCVs in Action
- Aug 20: Creating an Effective Job Search Strategy with YOU in Control
- Aug 21: Global PRE-Entry Town Hall: A Conversation with PC Invitees and Applicants on hold due to COVID-19
- Aug 26: Jobs With Jodi Podcast: OPM Spotlight on the Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) program
Looking for the recording of a past webinar? View our Global Reentry playlist on YouTube!
- Getting Started in the Job Search
- Networking: Building Your Alliance
- Crafting Your Application: Resume and Cover Letter
- Acing the Interview
- Building Your Personal Brand and Selling Your Peace Corps Service
- Career Transitions as a Mid-Career Professional
- Leveraging your Noncompetitive Eligibility (NCE) for Federal Employment
- Effective Peace Corps Advocacy in the Time of COVID-19
- Making The Case: Grad School or Job?
- Weekly Podcast: Jobs with Jodi
- Weekly Podcast: Jobs with Jodi - RPCV Entrepreneurs Spotlight
- What’s Next? Unpacking Your Peace Corps Service with the School for International Training (SIT)
- Marketing Your Peace Corps Service In Your Job Search
- Resume Writing 201: Crafting the Right Style of Resume
- Reentry and Reintegration: A Panel Discussion About Coping & Thriving
- The Third Goal: Telling Your Personal and Professional Story with SIT
- Weekly Jobs with Jodi Podcast
- Career Mentor Orientation
- Unfinished Business
- Peace Corps Connect to the Future
- TCP Global: An opportunity for virtual service with your Peace Corps Host Community
- Resume Review Tips and Strategies
- The School of Hard Knocks: Career Lessons Learned From Failure
- Self-Care and Wellness in the Job Search
- Mastering the Elevator Pitch: The Foundation of Your Successful Job Search
- Jobs in the Gig Economy
Career Services Webinars
NPCA launched a Career Services webinar series led by Dr. Ronda Ansted. Dr. Ansted has spent most of her professional life in the non-profit and international development fields. She was a mid-career PCV in South Africa and became a career consultant.
Click on the links below to access the recordings and slides for past webinars, and check out NPCA's calendar to register for upcoming webinars.
- Using LinkedIn for More Effective Networking and Informational Interviews
- The Job Search in the Time of Corona: Coaching Yourself to Find Work You'll Love
- RPCV Jobs Webinar Presented by Chicago Area Peace Corps Association
- Navigating Cultural Re-Integration, the Coronavirus, and the Job Search
- Leveraging your Strengths for the Job Search
- Planning your Job Search for the New Year
- Finding Your Right-Fit Job: Setting Yourself Up for Success
My Career Design Studio
Sign up for My Career Design Studio, an online career coaching program and an interactive email series to help you find a fulfilling career, available to Global Reentry Members. Sign up for the free membership to gain access to this exclusive program worth over $100.
Exclusive Benefit for Global Reentry Members:
Devex is unlocking its paid career content and jobs for evacuated Peace Corps Volunteers for one year
A Devex Career Account helps those who want to find a job and advance their career in global development, health, humanitarian aid and sustainability. It provides guidance on how to write a cover letter, insider tips for breaking into institutions like the Gates Foundation, the United Nations, or USAID and steps to transition from service to a paid job. You’ll also have access to webinars with leading recruiters, downloadable resume templates, and videos all aimed to equip you with the information you need to tackle your job search, as well as our job board with thousands of live opportunities.
Activate your free "Global Reentry" NPCA membership to receive details on how to access this benefit.
Peace Corps Career Events
The Peace Corps’ Office of Third Goal and Returned Volunteer Services hosts free online RPCV career events.
Join them to connect with other returned Volunteers, explore ways to get involved in Peace Corps activities, and chat with employers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors at career fairs. View and register for events
Peace Corps Community on LinkedIn
Join the Peace Corps Network on LinkedIn. This group is jointly moderated by the National Peace Corps Association and the Peace Corps and is open to PCVs, RPCVs, and staff. “Peace Corps” must appear in your profile in order to be approved. Don’t be fooled by the impostor groups!
Peace Corps Career Link
The Peace Corps has transformed what was formerly known as Hotline into an online platform/jobs board called RPCV Career Link. Additional information on things like non-competitive eligibility can be found here.
Organizations Targeting RPCV Skills
Employers of National Service
Employers of National Service (EONS) works to connect individuals who have participated in national service with leading employers in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to create hiring, recruitment, and advancement opportunities. Through this initiative, national service alumni are able to apply the skills built from their service experience in the workplace, while employers gain access to a highly qualified, hardworking, and dedicated group of potential employees. The initiative was started by President Barack Obama on September 12, 2014 to honor the 20th anniversary of AmeriCorps. Look for the hashtags #ServiceEmployers and #NationalService.